Willpower is one of the main attributes.
- Willpower increases the range of bolt spells.
- The radius of ball spells increases by 1 per 16 points above 16 Willpower. The maximum possible ball spell range is reached at 96 Willpower. This also affects balls produced by using magical items such as wands of fireballs and crystals of fire.
- Willpower increases the range and power of Mindcraft.
- Willpower is the main stat involved in checks resisting the confusion monster spell.
- Willpower improves the chance to avoid being affected by paralyzing melee attacks. In the absence of bad luck:
- 19 Willpower fully protects the PC from Angel of order, Archangel of order, Brown worm, Carrion crawler, Living wall, Power of order, Seraphim of order, Solar, and Throne of order paralysis
- 24 Willpower fully protects the PC from Hugo, Dark elven priestess, Ghul, Greater fungoid, Master lich, and Mimic paralysis
- 29 Willpower fully protects the PC from Casino guard, Fungoid overlord, Gelatinous cube, Greater mimic, Ice queen, and Lich king paralysis
- 34 Willpower fully protects the PC from Emperor lich paralysis
- 39 Willpower fully protects the PC from Floating eye, Frozen one, and Master mimic paralysis
- 49 Willpower fully protects the PC from Dorn Beast paralysis
- 59 Willpower fully protects the PC from Mimic hivemind paralysis
- 99 Willpower fully protects the PC from Andor Drakon paralysis
- Willpower lowers the chance to be affected by PP drain. In the absence of bad luck:
- Willpower improves the chance to avoid being affected by confusing melee attacks. In the absence of bad luck:
- 20 Willpower fully protects the PC from Eye of destruction and Minor fungoid confusion
- 22 Willpower fully protects the PC from Gibbering mouther confusion
- 30 Willpower fully protects the PC from Fungoid overlord, Jackal demon, and Magebane eye confusion
- 60 Willpower fully protects the PC from Magedoom eye confusion
- 99 Willpower fully protects the PC from Staring eye confusion
- Willpower improves the chance to resist being affected by sleep songs. In the absence of bad luck:
- Maximum HP is increased by 1 point per two points of Willpower.
- Willpower gives +1 PP per level above one (+9 PP at level 10, +19 PP at level 20, and so on) at thresholds 36/44/52/60... (+8 per next check). If Mana is at least 2, 28 Willpower is also a threshold. If Mana is at least 6, 20 Willpower is also a threshold.
- PC gets additional PP based how many combined Willpower breakpoints at 2/20/28 and Mana breakpoints at 2/6/16 they have reached. 1 breakpoint: ~Level/3 extra PP, 2 breakpoints: ~Level extra PP, 3 breakpoints: ~Level*2 extra PP
- A Willpower score of 20 or higher (or a Perception score of 5 or lower) is needed to enter the Rift.
How to train it Edit
Willpower is very easy to train by eating morgia roots. B/U/C status does not matter; they always have a positive effect. Around 4-5 herbs are sufficient for an increase. Morgia roots no longer work for Willpower if it is 25 or higher, although an extreme amount of training at 24 can increase it to 26. Eating morgia roots cannot train Willpower if it is already at its potential.
The PC can pay Garth to train their Willpower. Higher values of Willpower require progressively more gold.
Leveling up Edit
Like all attributes, Willpower is slightly trained every time the PC levels up.
Successfully reaching the cast spell menu or casting a spell from the learned spells menu while stunned or confused trains Willpower by a minimal amount.
How to raise itEdit
Stat potions Edit
Potions of willpower and potions of gain attributes can be used to increase Willpower. There is no soft or hard cap for using these; blessed potions of gain attributes give +1 (to all other stats also), uncursed potions of willpower give +1, blessed potions +2. For this reason, these potions should be blessed, and drunk once all other methods have stopped working.
Eating corpses Edit
Class powers Edit
- Mindcrafters receive +5 Willpower as their level 25 class power.
- Bards receive +6 Willpower as part of their level 50 class power.
The "Strong of Will" talent that is only available at the start of the game increases initial Willpower by 2.
Star sign Edit
Characters born in the month of the Tree begin the game with a 5 extra Willpower.
The PC's Willpower increases upon aging from young to grown-up, middle-aged to old, or old to very old.
How to abuse It Edit
Many corpses will decrease Willpower if eaten, and occasionally offer increases to other stats. These corpses include claw bug corpses as well as those of minotaurs. The greatest willpower losses are incurred by eating the corpses of greater claw bugs and especially killer bugs; the latter will drain 12 Willpower per corpse (while increasing speed and Dexterity).
Kranf Niest Edit
Collecting the Kill Jharod reward will result in a 1d3 Willpower loss.
The ChAoS whispers corruption reduces Willpower by 6. The apish corruption reduces Willpower by one, and will periodically reduce it further. PCs also receive a Willpower penalty based on their alignment and the number of corruptions they have (-1 per 2/3/4 corruptions at chaotic/neutral/lawful).
Casting spells from health Edit
Casting spells from health heavily abuses Willpower.
Wielding a weapon with the suffix 'of surrendering' abuses Willpower.
Several items in the game will grant a Willpower bonus if worn (standard bonus in brackets). These include:
- amulet of perseverance (+3), staff of power (+4)
- staff of willpower (+4)
- the artifacts Preserver (+7), True Strength (+15), Lust for Glory (+3), Boots of the far wanderer (+7)
- the artifact weapons Purifier (+4), sword of Nonnak (+5), staff of Creation (+16), Kalmius' Shield (+5), chain mail of the martyred crusader (+12), robe of the master monk (+10), boots of the far wanderer (+7), circlet of the pure mind (+8)
- Chaos Orb of Elemental Water (+10 when equipped in the tool slot)
|12||Beast of Burden|
|15||Immune to Pain, Pious, Strong Healer|