Hi, welcome to ADOM Wiki! Thanks for your edit to the Ring of damage page.
Well, "I'll look into it" + "can use some work" implied that I was going to do it at some point (probably distant because I'm bad). Your work is once again much appreciated. Ln (talk) 19:08, November 8, 2016 (UTC)
- "Thousand hand pimp slap" now appears on a legit page on the ADOM wiki; you're welcome. ;-p Yulgash (talk) 20:59, November 8, 2016 (UTC)
You do cancel some updates, which are really true. You know, it hurts my best feelings.
Whatever. Next time i'll bring some evidience for someone like you.220.127.116.11
- If you think I have reverted a change which is correct, please write something on the articles talk page; I will be happy to provide more evidence/explanation or admit that I was at fault. I am sometimes rather terse with my reversion comments, when I really should offer a longer explanation on the talk page; for that, I apologize. Evidence is definitely appreciated, however ;)
- As far as I can see, I have undone two changes you have made:
- You claimed on the Nature's Friend page that it is always guarded by a named stone golem if it is generated on the ground. While it is true that it will always be guarded by a named monster, this monster will not always be a stone golem; see surge of power, which is already linked on the page.
You speculated on the Special effect room page that the benevolent/malevolent rooms might increase/decrease piety. Having tested this, it does not seem to be correct; neither entering these rooms nor spending a lot of time in them seemed to do anything special to my piety level.This was from a different IP, my mistake.
- Yulgash (talk) 16:35, February 11, 2017 (UTC)
Hi Yulgash. I think I've seen you around over the years. You may have seen my name pop up from time to time too - both as Wigdaddy and as Benjamin Keller. Been playing for over twenty years now.
Just wanted to say that I admire your dedication to this site and the massive amount of work that you've put into it. You've made yourself into a valuable resource for our community. Thought you might like to know that the community appreciates it. :)
- Thank you for your kind words. Thanks also for your own contributions. The wiki still has a lot of room for improvement, and all help is appreciated. I'm a bit burned out from my last big project, but I'm still very much looking forward to the next version of ADOM. There should be lots of new stuff to explore and document. Yulgash (talk) 18:11, July 11, 2017 (UTC)
I saw You reedited Chaos Knight description, about pick axes dropped. In that You were right. Still I seek a room (maybe Fungal Caves descr.) for showing, that FC located chaos knights drop a lot of pick axes... at least 40-50% of them do.
I truly admire Your work here, and hope You will keep it on, having still new opportunities to go forward and seek for new knowledge.
- Thank you. I was unable to reproduce this behavior with FC chaos knights. I killed 30 of them on FC:3, and none of them dropped a pick axe. Maybe the increased pick axe drop rate doesn't apply to wished-for chaos knights, but I am quite skeptical. How many chaos knight kills are you basing the 40-50% number on, and how sure are you that they weren't dwarven? Yulgash (talk) 16:53, January 21, 2018 (UTC)
Now I checked exactly.... they were all SIX dwarven chaos knights....my fault, didnt check earlier. They left 3 pick axes total (that I am sure about). I thought I killed seven of them. I dont know if it matters, but my heroine was a dwarven priest. This was my first visit in FC ever.
- Okay, that seems pretty normal for dwarven chaos knight - I don't think there's anything special going on with FC here. Their page currently says "they often drop pick axes." It would be fine to update that to a more precise estimate of the drop rate, but probably a higher sample size is needed. Yulgash (talk) 18:40, January 21, 2018 (UTC)
Yeah, now I have just noticed that. I forgot tht there is a distinction between dCK and CK. After discovering for myself FC, I plan to visit it more frequently and do some statistics. These mushrooms are nice stats' potential boosters... and more. :)
Greetings, Yulgash! I've been interested in contributing to the ADOM wiki for quite some time but I'm not quite sure how. Are there any articles needing research / reviewing that I can help with? I've been playing ADOM for about 6 years so I'm familiarized with most of it's contents. Cranimad (talk) 10:34, April 19, 2018 (UTC)
- Hi, Cranimad, welcome to the wiki! I'll list a few of the things on my radar, although you'll likely find no shortage of omissions, inaccuracies, and bad grammar wherever you look.
- The special legend statues should be removed from Statue (dungeon feature) and placed on their own page. The legend statues have their own level messages, and spawn in a limited selection of locations (UD, CoC, gremlin cave, Shadowy, Maze, and possibly others). Some locations are guaranteed to have a legend statue, others aren't. The CoC statue probably has a limited range of levels where it can show up.
- The Fighter page could use an update. The PV class powers have been buffed to give a minimum +1 PV, and the starting equipment for ratlings and mist elves is missing. The Class power page should be updated as well. Some other class pages might also be missing starting equipment for ratlings and mist elves.
- Humans now get 2 extra skill increases per level up, and their attributes have been increased across the board. Their page could use an update.
- The Heavenly Area now does continuous damage to chaotics. The page should document that, and could stand to be fleshed out quite a bit more.
- The Early-game survival page hasn't been updated in quite a while, and could probably use some love.
- This is a very large and long-term project, but the Statue (dungeon feature) page is in dire need of further research. Many, many effects are either incorrect, incomplete, speculative, or missing.
- Yulgash (talk) 15:10, April 19, 2018 (UTC)
- (I realise the person who asked the original question here did so about a month ago, but, now that I think of it...) I also have a list of changes/stuff on the wiki I've been monitoring for a while, and now I figure that it could be useful to other editors if I share it as a Google Doc. Here it is. (I got most of the stuff based on the changelog for a while, though now I haven't really played the game in a few years and am avoiding the more recent changes due to spoilers). Nightcrawler226 (talk) 03:05, May 17, 2018 (UTC)
Hey there, posted a response to the edit on saccing corpses to a precrown: https://ancardia.fandom.com/wiki/Talk:Precrowning#Corpse_Saccing.2C_and_Excision_of_gold.2Fpiety_table%3A It's very wordy, apologies, but I was composing it as I was writing it, and the tl;dr conclusion I came to is this strategy has a high probability of working for almost all characters, especially because as a Neutral I couldn't sac any neutral monster corpses. Any C or L PC who can proc corpses and get them to a shop on time is pretty much guaranteed a pre-crown, which makes it the strongest strategy I'm aware of now that Thomas closed a bunch of old loophole exploits.
- Thanks for taking the time to explain. Best precrowning strategy that I'm aware of is piety scumming via overflow. There are still ways to make it work!. Also covered in less detail on the wiki Scumming#Piety_overflow. Yulgash (talk) 18:06, 24 May 2021 (UTC)
New Wiki Manager[edit source]
I'm Tephra, the new Fandom Wiki Manager for the ADOM Wiki. I am here to help the community and be your liaison to Fandom. If you need anything, feel free to contact me and I will get back to you as soon as possible.
◄► Tephra ◄► 03:41, May 11, 2019 (UTC)
Fandom University[edit source]
I am adding a Fandom University player to the Special:Community page to help out new or inexperienced editors on all wikis that are willing to accept it. You can see what it would look like on the Diablo Wiki. This is done with ImportJS and so can easily be removed at any time. Would you be ok with this addition here?
◄► Tephra ◄► 04:12, June 22, 2019 (UTC)
- That's fine. For the moment we don't have any specific tips for new editors, so it's not going to be displacing anything important. Yulgash (talk) 04:22, June 22, 2019 (UTC)
Why doesn't the greater identify list disease resistance? I recently lost a character whose only magical item was an amulet of health, which provided disease resistance as the only intrinsic in the game summary. I've yet to play a character with access to greater identify so I can't test it. Phentostalk 07:13, September 25, 2019 (UTC)
- Amulet of health has been around for a long time. Disease resistance is a relatively recent addition. It's not in the greater identify info right now because nobody thought to go back and test old items for new intrinsics. Testing the same character with bracers of resilience/amulet of health/nothing shows that only amulet of health consistently reduces the time spent sick. My best guess so far is that disease resistance reduces the chance to get sick from sickness-melee (e.g. mummies), but the effect is not exactly pronounced, so a pretty huge amount of testing is still required to confirm this. Yulgash (talk) 07:21, September 25, 2019 (UTC)
Walkthrough guide[edit source]
Fandom is currently trying out a new Walkthrough teaching aid for new editors. Apparently, results so far are much better than expected. After trying it on a limited number of wikis, they would like to expand the number using it. It appears on the rail, you can what it looks like here. Is this something you would want to try on this wiki?
◄► Tephra ◄► 01:38, September 28, 2019 (UTC)
- Yes. Yulgash (talk) 03:03, September 28, 2019 (UTC)
- Great! I think it will be implemented on Monday then.
◄► Tephra ◄► 07:08, September 28, 2019 (UTC)
- Great! I think it will be implemented on Monday then.
The current testing phase for the walkthrough teaching aid that was enabled for this wiki will be ending tomorrow and eventually disabled. Depending on how it performed, it may become a standard feature on the United Community Platform. Let me know if you have any feedback on things you felt it did well or poorly within the next 24 hours.
◄► Tephra ◄► 18:48, October 29, 2019 (UTC)
An odd question.[edit source]
- He does have a discord account: TheCreator#2337 , but that's probably not a great way to get in touch with him given that it's been over a year since he posted in the roguelikes discord. Maybe try twitter or facebook? Yulgash (talk) 03:50, March 27, 2020 (UTC)
Duplicate wiki[edit source]
There is a duplicate ADOM wiki here. Could you take a look at it and see if there is anything worth salvaging? The wiki appears to be pretty minimal and abandoned, so redirecting to this wiki or just closing it would be ideal, but we want to make sure we don't lose any useful content in the process.
◄► Tephra ◄► 16:45, July 6, 2020 (UTC)
- Most of the initial work on the Ancardia wiki was done by the main contributor to the old wiki. Everything of value has already been copied over. Yulgash (talk) 17:09, July 6, 2020 (UTC)
- Ok, we'll see about redirecting/closing it then.
◄► Tephra ◄► 14:53, July 7, 2020 (UTC)
- Ok, we'll see about redirecting/closing it then.
Top-level category[edit source]
Fandom strongly recommends that
Category:Browse be renamed to
Category:ADOM Wiki. In the past, Browse was standard, but more recent research has revealed non-descriptive words for top-level category names are really bad for SEO, and the sitename should be used instead.
◄► Tephra ◄► 06:33, July 12, 2020 (UTC)
- If you want, I can change the category for you.
◄► Tephra ◄► 00:56, July 20, 2020 (UTC)
- Unfortunately, the top-level category has not been implemented properly: the vast majority of pages do not fall under it or one of its subcategories. I don't mind if you change it, but I suspect it's not going to do much without some substantial work on the category hierarchy. Yulgash (talk) 01:15, July 20, 2020 (UTC)
- Should be sorted out now. Yulgash (talk) 08:51, July 20, 2020 (UTC)
Background image[edit source]
It looks like the migration to UCP broke the css for the background. Perhaps the background should just be implemented by the theme designer instead of css.
◄► Tephra ◄► 04:12, 19 October 2020 (UTC)
If you use Discord, could you send me a message at
There is something I wish to discuss with you in private.
◄► Tephra ◄► 08:20, 19 December 2020 (UTC)
- Sent you a friend request. My discord is Grond#2768 Yulgash (talk) 18:45, 19 December 2020 (UTC)
New Wiki Representative[edit source]
Hi there, I'm the new Wiki Representative for the ADOM Wiki, taking over from User:Tephra. I hope everything is running smoothly, but feel free to ask me questions if you have any. My areas of expertise are listed on my profile. You can reach me by leaving a message on my talk page, on Discord at Moviesign#6611, or by email at Moviesign at fandom.com.