|Potion of booze ( ! )|
Potions of booze are a type of common potions in ADOM. As their name implies, their intended use is to get the PC drunk (that is, to get the Drunk status condition). Cursed potions instead invoke blindness in non-Orcish PCs.
Potions of booze are rarely consumed in normal games — they have other, more practical uses.
- Dipping any wand except a wand of wishing will increase its number of charges by 2-4/1-3/1-2 depending of the potion's B/U/C status
- Giving a potion to Yggaz will prompt him to give a random potion in return using the normal loot generation mechanics.
The primary use for potions of booze in most games is recharging wands. These potions are fairly common (compared to potions of boost mana, potions of mana) and provide a reasonable amount of charges to help the player improve the offensive/defensive capabilities of their PC.
Guaranteed/Common sources[edit source]
Potions of booze can be randomly generated as common loot.
Additionally, they can be obtained in the following ways:
- beggars may drop a potion after they are given some gold (approximately 40 gold pieces, may require several attempts); each beggar may only ever provide one potion;
- general and potion shops frequently stock booze;
- PCs start the game with multiple potions if they are generated on the 31st of December;
- several classes may start with one or several potions of booze; Dwarven Barbarians start the game with several guaranteed potions.
Greater Identify information[edit source]
---------------------------- uncursed potion of booze-------------------------- When used in melee combat it grants a +0 bonus to hit and causes 1d2 points of damage. When used as a missile it grants a +0 bonus to hit and causes 1d2 points of damage.