Perception is one of the main attributes.
- Line of sight increases in dungeons at 5/10/20/25/30/40 Perception.
- Ranged to-hit increases by 1 per 6 points of Perception, and ranged damage increases by 1 per 4 points of Perception.
- Increases the chance to hear noises.
- Improves the effectiveness of Detect traps.
How to train it Edit
The PC can pay Garth to train their Perception. Higher values of Perception require progressively more gold.
Normal Minotaur corpses train Perception.
Leveling up Edit
Like all attributes, Perception is slightly trained every time the PC levels up.
How to raise it Edit
Stat potions Edit
Potions of carrot juice and potions of gain attributes can be used to increase Perception. There is no soft or hard cap for using potions of gain attributes, but blessed potions of carrot juice will stop working after 20 or if Perception potential is reached. Rooms that smell of carrots will give a one-time boost of +5/+3/+1 (B/U/C) to Perception if a potion of carrot juice is drunk inside them. This boost has no other limit; it is possible to go all the way to 99 Perception if one finds enough rooms (they can appear in the ID). Potions of gain attributes should be blessed before use and consumed once other methods of stat increase have stopped working.
Perception is the only attribute without a corresponding "potion of [attribute]" or "potion of [attribute] potential"; as such, there is no way to independently increase Perception potential.
Eating Corpses Edit
Class powers Edit
- Bards receive +6 Perception as part of their level 50 class power.
The "Alert" talent that is only available at the start of the game increases initial Perception by 2.
Growing 12 eyes will grant +6 to Perception, and having black eyes grants a bonus of +3. Having one eye will grant +4 Perception only if the PC is not wearing a helmet.
How to abuse It Edit
The "mists of ChAoS" corruption reduces Perception by 10, and the babbling mouth corruption reduces it by 4.
Age gradually reduce the stat.
Players will also lose one point of perception if they enter a room filled with shattering mirrors with an Appearance score below 18.
Several items in the game will grant a Perception bonus if worn (standard bonus in brackets). These include:
- the armor prefix "vigilant" (+4) and the weapon suffix "of the eagle" (+4)
- staff of perception (+3)
- the artifacts amulet of raw steel (+12), Long Sting (+6), Helm of the Night Watchman (+4), Third Eye (+8)
Additionally, equipping an orcish helmet reduces Perception — usually by two points.
|15||Great book caster|
Visible distance Edit
|Perception level||Visible distance in dungeons|
In the general case, the distance consists of:
- +5 minimal value
- +4 with a lit torch in the tool slot
- +Pe/5 but not more then 8
- +4/+2/-2 from B/U/C Necklace of the eye
- 0.5/-2 at night/dusk(dawn) in Wilderness
- -2/-1 at night/dusk(dawn) in outside locations, -2/+2 at the beginning/middle of any month
- +Ma/3 with Farsight spell
This value should be multiplied by location coefficient: