Mana is one of the main attributes in ADOM.
- Mana is the prime determinant for power points per level; one power point per level is given (+9 PP at level 10, +19 PP at level 20, and so on) at Mana of /6/16/20/24/... (+4 Mana for next check; 2 Mana check point had weird behavior on testing).
- Magical resistance, except for confusion attacks, which use Willpower.
- Mana improves the chance to avoid being affected by Strength and Toughness-draining melee attacks. In the absence of bad luck:
- 9 Mana fully protects the PC from Shadow centipede drain
- 14 Mana fully protects the PC from Quasit drain
- 19 Mana fully protects the PC from Living wall drain
- 24 Mana fully protects the PC from Shadow, Shadow lord, Shadow troll, Slow shadow, Spectre, and Wight drain
- 29 Mana fully protects the PC from Vampire and Wraith drain
- 49 Mana fully protects the PC from Ghost librarian drain
- 99 Mana fully protects the PC from Andor Drakon drain
- Mana improves the chance to avoid being confused by doppelganger imitation. In the event that the Mana check fails, Raven-born PCs have an additional chance to resist the confusion. In the absence of bad luck:
- Mana improves the chance to avoid being affected by slowing melee attacks. In the absence of bad luck:
How to train it Edit
Casting spells Edit
The easiest way to train your Mana is by casting spells. The amount of training depends on the spell cost.
Every time the PC makes a slave, they will lose 1 or more points of Mana; however, the use of necromancy will also train the Mana stat by ~1.25 points for each point lost. Hence, for approximately 4 points of Mana lost to necromancy, the player can eventually expect to get 5 back.
Leveling up Edit
Like all attributes, Mana is trained slightly every time the PC levels up.
How to raise it Edit
Stat potions Edit
Potions of mana and potions of gain attributes can be used to increase Mana. There is no soft or hard cap for using these; blessed potions of gain attributes give +1 (to all other stats also), uncursed potions of mana give +1, blessed potions +2.
Eating Corpses Edit
Class powers Edit
- Bards receive +6 Mana as part of their level 50 class power.
The "Fey-Blooded" talent that is only available at the start of the game increases initial Mana by 2.
The voices of cHaOs corruption increases Mana by 2. PCs also receive a Mana bonus based on their alignment and the number of corruptions they have (+1 per 2/3/4 corruptions at chaotic/neutral/lawful).
Age gradually enhances the stat.
How to abuse It Edit
Casting spells from HP Edit
Casting spells from HP heavily abuses Mana.
Luckily, there are no corruptions that negatively impact Mana.
Several items in the game will grant a Mana bonus if worn (standard bonus in brackets). These include:
- the pendant of mana (+2) and staff of the magi (+6)
- the artifacts Crown of Chaos (+10), Sceptre of Chaos (+8), Trident of the Red Rooster (+24), and Staff of the Archmagi (+10)
|15||Mighty aura, Strong magic|