|Sees in the dark?||No|
|Magic resistance||Very high|
The dwarven mystic is a unique NPC found in Dwarftown. He is found in a 2x2 room somewhere in the city that can only be accessed by teleportation; of course, there is a 25% chance of failing to enter the room as he will always occupy one of the spaces.
The mystic can also be freed through careful use of a wand of destruction, whereupon he starts moving randomly throughout the city. He cannot be sacrificed on the altar in Dwarftown.
When 'C'hatted to, the dwarven mystic rewards the PC (or not) depending on their alignment, before disappearing.
- If the PC is lawful, he will give them the artifact Rolf's Companion.
- If the PC is neutral, he will give an uncursed ring of ice (which was not granted prior to v. 1.2.0 due to a bug), as well as one of the following sets of rewards (all items blessed):
- If the PC is chaotic, he will say "Ye aren't the one I was waiting for!" and will give them nothing.
- If a PC with non-chaotic alignment has committed a crime in Dwarftown which results in an alarm gong being rung and muscular dwarves being summoned, the Dwarven Mystic responds with a different message "Ye art doomed!"
In versions prior to 1.2.0, it is possible to wish for further dwarven mystics due to the monster type erroneously not being flagged as 'unique'. When chatted with, a wished for version just proclaims "Ye art doomed!", and disappears.
Special abilities[edit source]
- Very often shrugs off bolts and other resistible effects
- Immune to death rays
- Unique monster abilities
Level: 1, DV: 10, PV: 0, Hits: 2, Attacks: 1, Damage: 1-2. Speed: 100.
Corpse effects[edit source]
The dwarven mystic does not seem to leave a corpse.
This dwarf has hidden himself away from the rest of his people in order to better contemplate his religion and achieve oneness with his deity. He has a distracted, faraway look in his eyes, and he mumbles about "great power" and "waiting for the right one".