Dexterity is one of the main attributes.
- Dexterity increases ranged to-hit by 1 per 2 points, and ranged damage by 1 per 4 points.
- Dexterity increases melee damage with whip by 1 per 2 points over 12. Dexterity has no effect on melee to-hit with whips.
- 1 point of speed is gained at 16 Dexterity. Dexterity further increases speed by 1 per 4 points above 15, and reduces speed by 1 per point under 8.
- DV is increased by 1 per 2 points of Dexterity.
- Dexterity improves the chance to avoid being disarmed. In the event that the Dexterity check fails, Weapon skill can prevent being disarmed. In the absence of bad luck:
- 14 Dexterity prevents the PC from being disarmed by Swordsman
- 19 Dexterity prevents the PC from being disarmed by Harwad and Monk of order
- 29 Dexterity prevents the PC from being disarmed by Master swordsman and Ratling fencer
- 34 Dexterity prevents the PC from being disarmed by Ratling warlord and Rolf
- 39 Dexterity prevents the PC from being disarmed by Bugs
- 49 Dexterity prevents the PC from being disarmed by Ratling duelist
Dexterity is also involved in rolls made to evade traps, especially those that have already been discovered. Dexterity also has some influence on the PC's success when attempting to use an item in the tool slot while stuck in a web .
How to train it Edit
Dexterity is quite easy to train "u"sing the moss of mareilon herb. It is important to only use uncursed or blessed mosses. Cursed mosses will abuse Dexterity rather than train it. Around 2-3 herbs are sufficient for an increase. Moss of mareilon no longer works if Dexterity is 25 or higher, although an extreme amount of training at 24 can increase it to 26. Using moss cannot train Dexterity if it is already at its potential.
Returning missiles Edit
Any item that "returns when thrown", such as boomerangs and some artifacts, will train Dexterity if the PC successfully catches the weapon. The chance of catching a non-artifact returning weapon is the PC's Dexterity score divided by 20; the PC is guaranteed to catch returning artifacts.
The PC can pay Garth to train their Dexterity. Higher values of Dexterity require progressively more gold.
Leveling up Edit
Like all attributes, Dexterity is slightly trained every time the PC levels up. The Athletics skill increases the amount of Dexterity training gained.
How to raise itEdit
Eating corpses Edit
Stat potions Edit
Potions of dexterity and potions of gain attributes can be used to increase Dexterity. There is no soft or hard cap for using these; blessed potions of gain attributes give +1 (to all other stats also), uncursed potions of dexterity give +1, blessed potions +2.
Class powers Edit
- Bards receive +6 Dexterity as part of their level 50 class power.
- Duelists receive +12 Dexterity as their level 32 class power.
- Chaos Knights receive at least +1d2 Dexterity from their level 25 class power.
The "very light" corruption increases Dexterity by 4. The "tentacle mouth" corruption increases it by 6. PCs also receive a Dexterity bonus based on their alignment and the number of corruptions they have (+1 per 2/3/4 corruptions at chaotic/neutral/lawful).
The "Dextrous" talent that is only available at the start of the game increases initial Dexterity by 2.
How to abuse It Edit
Characters whose carrying capacity reaches Overburdened! can expect to see significant abuse to their Dexterity score if they remain in that condition for an extended period of time.
Five corruptions will reduce Dexterity: thorn hands (-2), cold blood (-2), bronze bones (-2), tough scales (-6) and hooves (-6).
Wielding a weapon with the suffix 'of fumbling' slowly abuses Dexterity.
The "old" age will reduce the stat by 2.
Any hurthling who wears boots will suffer a temporary -2 Dexterity until the boots are removed.
Several items in the game will grant a Dexterity bonus if worn (standard bonus in brackets). These include:
- The artifacts ring of the master cat (+16), Cloak of Oman (+8), bracers of war (+8), and boots of the divine messenger (+5)
- The artifact weapons Bugbiter (+3), the rune-covered trident (+12), and Cat's Claw (+8)
- Gloves of dexterity (+2) and boots of sneakiness (+2)
- Whips of the snake (+7) and rapier of the needle (+6)
- The Chaos Orb of Elemental Air (+10 when equipped in the Tool slot)
|14||Good Book Caster|
|18||Eagle-Eyed, Great Book Caster|