This is a page about a playable character class. For other uses, see Barbarian.
Barbarians are a class of warriors known for their incredible prowess in melee combat. Their Strength and Toughness are nearly peerless, and they are capable of delivering immensely powerful attacks that can kill even the most powerful opponents in a single attack. Their skillset is fairly modest, adding only Athletics and Dodge to supplement their combat abilities, as well as Herbalism to increase their general flexibility. Orcs and Dark Elves make excellent Barbarians, adding the excellent Find Weakness skill to this powerful melee class. Troll Barbarians are powerhouses starting out, with strength and toughness that can easily exceed 30 to start. Unless the Barbarian is a Gray Elf, High Elf, or Mist Elf, they will be illiterate regardless of their learning score.
Basic Information Edit
Base Stats Edit
The base stats for male Barbarians are tabulated below. Female characters will have approximately -1 Strength and +1 Dex. Note that any value may vary from these typical values by around +/-5 due to starsigns or birth effects. See Talk:Archer for details on how these tables were generated.
Barbarians typically receive a huge bonus to Strength, Willpower and Toughness, but also a considerable penalty to Charisma and Mana.
Starting Skills Edit
|Skill||Typical Value||Typical Modifier||Available Ingame?|
|Two Weapon Combat||35||4d4||Yes|
Crowning Gifts Edit
With the exception of Death's Blade, all of the Barbarian's crowning gifts are fairly desirable. Vanquisher is generally considered the weapon of choice for Barbarians simply because the slaying powers combined with the Barbarian's natural strength and tremendous blows, can typically mean instant kills on even the most powerful monsters such as the ACW.
HP, PP, To-hit Growth by Level Edit
HP: Very high
Melee to-hit: Very high
Ranged to-hit: High
Special Abilities Edit
Class Abilities Edit
- Heir gift: Brutal mithril two-handed sword, typical stats (+6, 4d5+6) [-1,0] .
- With the exception of Gray Elves, High Elves, and Mist Elves, all Barbarians are illiterate.
- Barbarians face huge difficulties learning spells. Even with a wished for Concentration skill and massive learning score, Barbarians will be unable to learn all but the simplest of spells.
Class Powers Edit
- Level 6: Can use mighty blows that do double damage for 2500 energy cost. (This is properly modified to equate attack energy cost times 2.5, so if your normal attack energy cost is 800, mighty blows cost 2000 energy points.)
- Level 12: Base movement score speed is 750.
- Level 18: Can use tremendous blows that do triple damage for 4000 energy cost. (As with mighty blows, tremendous blows cost attack energy cost times 4 energy points. If your attack energy cost is 800, tremendous blows cost 3200 energy points.)
- Level 25: Gain +1d4 more hit points per level.
- Level 32: Gain +3 Strength and Toughness.
- Level 40: True berserking damage increase by +10.
- Level 50: True berserking base attack speed reduced to 800 energy cost.
Starting Gear Edit
|Human||Troll||High Elf||Grey Elf||Dark Elf|